SPS MKDV 2 (extraction kickers to the SPS dump) – Study of HV Cables integration in tunnel.
The KDC section is responsible for the electromechanical design, mechanical engineering and construction of equipment for Kicker Systems across the entire accelerator complex.
This includes fast pulsed magnets, high voltage pulse generators, HV connections and infrastructure of installations.
Members of the KDC section also contribute to the successful and reliable operation of the group’s equipment throughout the CERN accelerator complex.
The mandate involves the following activities:
- Conceptual design and mechanical calculations;
- Electromechanical design and drawings;
- Specifications and documentation;
- Procurement and supply;
- Prototyping, participation in high voltage conditioning &pulse testing;
- Assembly in workshop and cleanroom;
- Installation, participation in system commissioning
- Interventions &maintenance;
- Participation in equipment responsibility and follow-up of operational issues
- Participation in stand by kicker service