The BTP section is responsible for the conception, studies, design and commissioning of beam transfer lines and injection/extraction systems.
The section is in charge of checking and improving the performance of existing injection/extraction systems and beam lines and is responsible for scheduling, resources planning and coordination of work packages from beamline design to beam commissioning.
The responsibilities include:
- Accelerator physics, modelling of the underlying processes, simulations, optics design, definition of parameters and evaluation of apertures;
- Beam line layout design, integration studies, follow-up and validation of installation of ABT equipment in terms of positions and alignment tolerances;
- Equipment specifications, evaluation of beam effects and machine protection related aspects due to equipment non-conformities;
- Organisation and coordination of beam commissioning;
- Follow-up of operational issues with beam-transfer systems;
- ABT across-section coordination of dedicated activities.